Verify Communication Resources
Step-by-step, proprietary architectures are being replaced by standards relaying on optical Ethernet, so there is a clear need for tools that can manage both old and new interfaces.
Networks deployed by Utilities have special requirements that include synchronization, delay measurements, protocol analysis and event detection in order to assure a quality provision of electricity without interruptions.
The automation of the power grid requires timing for applications such as peak-hour billing, virtual energy management, protection failures control and to correlate energy generation/demand. SynchroPhasors, deployed across the power grid, are also an important element to check to assure it monitoring and resilience functions work perfectly.
The reliability of transmission links for protection relays is critical then they have to be resilient to the effects of high-volt / high-freq inductions and ground potential rise. This is why utilities have moved to optical media to connect the different items collocated in substations.
Zeus can test and adjust all these elements by means of advanced features that allow to measure and emulate PTP, IRIG-B, 1PPS, ToD, T1/E1. Also includes a set of programmable filters to capture live data traffic at wire-speed.
You can now analyze GOOSE, SV, MMS and other protocols to decode and save them in PCAP format or calculate propagation delay from local or remote substations.
- (OPERATIONS) 'Please verify accurately the time offset of GOOSE and SV protocols'
- (OPERATIONS) 'Capture and analyse the GOOSE protocol generated by the IEDs installed on Bay#2'
- (OPERATIONS) 'Use Zeus to generate an IRIG-B signal in the lab to verify the performance of this RTU'
- (OPERATIONS) 'We need a compact tester must turn-up the GbE network that also support PTP with Power Profile'
- (FINANCES) 'Mind that the available CAPEX for the tester you need is limited'
- (MANAGEMENT) 'Engineers must be confident to troubleshoot new IEC 61850 protocols deployed'
- (ENGINEER) 'Can we emulate C37.94? Please verify the events'
- (LAB) 'Prepare a PTP Master/Slave emulator to verify the clocks I'm concerned if wander reaching the limit'
- (POWER) 'Verify the asymmetry measuring the One Way Delay in the substation everywhere Ethernet, Datacom, C37.94 and T1 interfaces'
Features and Benefits
Built with latest technology it is a light while rugged tester that facilitates many hours of continuous operation.
- GOOSE, SV, MMS protocol capture and save in PCAP format for analysis
- GOOSE, SV packet time offset
- I/O time refs.: IRIG-B, PTP, SyncE, T1/E1, 10/2/1.5 Mb/s, 1PPS, 1PP2S, ToD, GNSS
- Internal Oscillator: Rubidium, OCXO
- PTP master / slave
- SyncE/PTP wander analysis/generation
- FULL T1/E1 test Jitter/Wander, Pulse
- Asymmetry or One-Way-Delay with GPS
- Datacom: V11, V24, V35, V36, EIA530, EIA530A, Co-dir
- C37.94 analysis/generation
- SNMP/MIB support
LOOK & FEEL
ALBEDO Zeus is a field and lab tool built
in a rugged case, it is ideal for technicians
responsible of the installation, commissioning
and maintenance of communication infrastructures of the Power Industry, by providing valuable insights that illustrate the full network picture that is the foundation of the Smart Power Grid.